Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Natural Born Juicers in the Indianapolis City Market

OK, what vegan/health food junkie/raw foods advocate doesn't love a good juice bar?  Truth is, you'd be hard-pressed to find one who doesn't, and I am no exception.  Lucky for me, there is an amazing juice bar in downtown Indy, conveniently located inside the Indianapolis City Market.  What's better than that!?  I'll tell you what's better than that - they also travel to several of the local farmers' markets (and we all know what an avid market-goer I am)!

NBJ logo.  I took this off their Facebook page.
Natural Born Juicers is owned by a wonderful and friendly couple who really know their juice.  All of their juices and smoothies are RAW and VEGAN.  NBJ sources a much locally grown and organic fruits and veggies as they possibly can and have even started their own juice garden this year.  Bonus:  they make their own sprouted almond milk to use in their smoothies!

I would show you a picture of my favorite "Ultimate Greens", but I don't have one.  Hint:  it's GREEN!
 
NBJ's juice and smoothie creations are creative and healthy, from my go-to juice, the "Ultimate Greens", to the creamy and indulgent "Chocolate Raspberry".  The staff at NBJ are always coming up with new creations to list on the specials board.  A recent concoction of mango, orange, lime, cilantro, and agave won me a free juice at NBJ when I named it - the Mango de Mayo.  I'm told this Cinco de Mayo celebration-inspired drink is going to be put up on the regular menu board soon.   :-)  Seeing as how I am a comfort-foods girl, I tend to order the same thing most times I go.  However, I fully intend to change that this summer.  My goal is to try a different smoothie or juice each time I head in NBJ's direction (on my list:  Spice Cake, Black Mamba, Grassy Knoll, Spring Cleaner, The Glow, and (of course) the Mango de Mayo)!  Don't worry, though...if you don't see something you like, they've got an extensive list of ingredients to choose from, and you can always "Create Your Own".

Besides having a mouth-watering menu of healthy beverages, NBJ is also serving large, freshly made salads using local, in-season produce.  I had this one today (with red cabbage, carrots, lacinato kale, asparagus, avocado, sesame seeds, and red onion dressed in olive oil and lemon juice) and it was AMAZING!  Perfectly delicious and filling, healthy lunch to enjoy on my day off.

NBJ's "Beastly Slaw"  This one had sprouts; mine did not. :-(  
When you reach into the cooler for a salad, you will also find some awesome raw goodies from my good friends at Raw Gourmet Delights.  NBJ is currently carrying their flax crackers, kale chips (when in season), and sprouted sunflower seed paté.  All of them are to-die-for.  And don't forget to pick up some delicious gluten free AND vegan cookies from Bee Free Bakery at the counter when you check out!  I promise, you will not be disappointed in them. 

Alright, I'm done ranting and raving...go fuel yourself with some super juice!  And if you don't want to go the City Market to get some, you can find NBJ at these farmers' markets:

Wednesdays @ City Market Original Farmers' Market (9:30am-1:30pm)
Friday evenings @ The Green Market/Traders Point Creamery (4:00pm-8:00pm)
Every 3rd Saturday @ Broadripple Farmers' Market (8:00am-12:00pm)

You can also check out Natural Born Juicers on Facebook and Twitter (@NatBornJuicers)!

No comments:

Post a Comment